Thursday, December 22, 2005

Saddam Embraces Democratic Party Platform In His Defense

From the The Daily Star (Lebanon):
Iraq's former leader said the White House had lied to justify its 2003 invasion by saying he had chemical weapons, and had lied again Wednesday when it denied his claim he was tortured in U.S. custody.
Rep. Mike Ross (D-Ark.):
“I think I was either lied to or we got some really bad intelligence. And I’m not sure I’ll ever know which it was.”
Rep. Rep. Gary Ackerman (D-N.Y.):
“If I had known the administration lied, if I had known that the presentations were rigged … I certainly wouldn’t have trusted [the administration]. … The evidence was rigged, and the case wasn’t proven at all.”
Now that Saddam has revealed his political affiliation, The Dread Pundit Bluto suspects that Democratic strategists are hoping to get him to run for Senator from New York when Hillary makes her Presidential bid.