Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Clooney-Huffington Affair

Oh no! Arianna's caught in a web of lies. Oh, the humanity! From the LA Times:
Oscar winner George Clooney may make politically provocative films like "Syriana." But he doesn't write politically provocative blogs.

So imagine his ire when Arianna Huffington used some of his recent answers to political questions in a way that makes it look as if he wrote one for her Huffington Post blog site.
The Huffmeister puts it off to a misunderstanding between her and Clooney's publicist.

Clooney's statement:
"Miss Huffington's blog is purposefully misleading and I have asked her to clarify the facts. I stand by my statements but I did not write this blog. With my permission Miss Huffington compiled it from interviews with Larry King and The Guardian. What she most certainly did not get my permission to do is to combine only my answers in a blog that misleads the reader into thinking that I wrote this piece. These are not my writings — they are answers to questions and there is a huge difference."
Yes, The Dread Pundit Bluto was taken in by the devious Huffintoness as well! Oh no! Looks like Huffy pulled George's "blog". What a shame. The fawning "Oh, Mr. Clooney..." comments were priceless.

Via Neocon Express.

Also posted at The Jawa Report and Vince Aut Morire.