Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Student Editor Fired Over Mohammed Cartoons


Fighting Surrender Monkey Illini go all 1984 on Mohammed cartoons
Acton Gordon, editor of the Daily Illini, has been fired by the board of directors of the Illini Media Company, which manages the student newspaper, for printing the notorious Danish cartoons of Mohammed (sample right). In an Orwellian move, the Illini Media Company has also pressured Google to remove their cache of the issue running the cartoons.

Nothing to see here folks, move along. Just a few discarded spines.

You can read Acton Gordon's personal account on his blog:
Last night’s meeting before the board of directors took only about 10 minutes of the 30 minutes I was allotted to defend myself against the allegations levied against me. There were no questions. Just a curt dismissal after my statement. And I wasn’t interviewed by the "student task force".
Via The Jawa Report.