Monday, March 06, 2006

Michael Hearts Cindy - The Musical

Reality seems to be setting in for erstwhile Peace Movement golden girl Cindy Sheehan. As predicted by many, "Mother Sheehan" is being dropped, even by her former supporters.

Jennifer Hunter at the Chicago Sun-Times had seen enough after the State of the Union:
I am probably going to get love letters from some Republicans and excoriating e-mail from liberals for saying that, but I have become mightily disillusioned with Ms. Sheehan. Her whole anti-war shtick -- which I heartily supported in the beginning -- is becoming a lesson on how one initially well-intentioned woman, given a microphone and some airtime, can become immune to good sense. Coretta Scott King knew how to express dissension without acting like Abby Hoffman in drag. Sheehan needs a few lessons in dignity.
Cookie at The Cookshack - Gab & Grub asks the musical question, "Bad girl...Bad girl...Whatcha gonna do when the war is through?

Despite increasingly erratic and outrageous behavior designed to keep her name in the headlines, poor Cindy has been demoted from the actual newspages to writing propaganda for Michael Moore.

And this whole comical covergence of events inspires me to respond in song:
Michael Moore Serenades Cindy Sheehan

Casey's mom has got it movin' on
Casey's mom has got it movin' on
Casey's mom has got it movin' on
Casey's mom has got it movin' on

Casey, I love the way she says "bullshit!" (says "bullshit!")
and that the evil Jooz did it (the Jooz did it)
Did your mom get back from her Crawford trip? (Crawford trip)
Is she there, or is she still giving Dubya some lip? (Dubya some lip)

You know, Moveon dot org's lovin' everything she says
and Codepink, and those wacky jihadis!

Casey's mom has got it movin' on
She's got an enormous mouth and comes on strong
Casey, can't you see she's the perfect girl for me
I've got a tiny schlong but I'm in love with Casey's mom

Casey's mom has got it movin' on
Casey's mom has got it movin' on

Casey, Bush is Hitler, Cheney's the anti-Christ (anti-Christ)
and Jooz are evil - there I said it twice (said it twice)
You fought for Halliburton's oil over there
Saddam was much better for the people I swear

And I know that you think it's just a fantasy
But since your dad walked out, your mom could use a guy like me

Casey's mom has got it movin' on
She's all I want, and I've waited so long
Casey, can't you see she's the perfect girl for me
I know it might be wrong,
but I'm in love with Casey's mom
Also posted at The Jawa Report and Vince Aut Morire.