Monday, November 20, 2006

Green Beret Killed in Iraq Throws 100K Vegas Party for Friends

A Special Forces captain, killed in action in Iraq, delivers a powerful message in his own style.

From The Seattle Times:
LAS VEGAS — Shortly after Jeffrey "Toz" Toczylowski's last mission in Iraq a year ago this month, friends received a message.

"If you are getting this e-mail, it means that I have passed away," the missive said. "No, it's not a sick Toz joke, but a letter I wanted to write in case this happened."

The Army Special Forces captain, 30, said he would like family and friends to attend his burial at Arlington National Cemetery, "but understand if you can't make it."

The message, distributed by a fellow Green Beret after Toczylowski's family had been notified of his death, added: "There will also be a party in Vegas with a 100k to help pay for travel, room and a party."
And there was this:
"Don't ever think that you are defending me by slamming the Global War on Terrorism or the U.S. goals in that war," Jeffrey Toczylowski wrote. "As far as I am concerned, we can send guys like me to go after them or we can wait for them to come back to us again. I died doing something I believed in and have no regrets except that I couldn't do more."
His mother and sister hosted the party for him. Captain Toczylowski was buried among our other heroes at Arlington on November 14, 2005. Godspeed. Tribute site.

Via Hot Air.