Thursday, May 07, 2009

Perez Hilton Has Convinced Me...

...that it's just wrong to try to hold a moderate position on homosexual issues.

The continued vicious persecution of Miss USA contestant Carrie Prejean clearly demonstrates that most gay men are too mentally unstable and utterly self-absorbed to function in society.

Heretofore I've followed a "live and let live" philosophy regarding homosexuality. It's not for me, but I don't want to see people persecuted for their sexuality, though I've never been comfortable with the 1970s political decision on the part of the American Psychiatric Association to pretend that homosexuality is a "lifestyle preference" rather than a mental illness. I viewed the resulting pretense that homosexuality could not be treated as similar to the controversy over whether or not the deaf should receive cochlear implants - misguided, but up to the individuals involved.

In fact, homosexuality is treatable; though the extent that treatment helps and the incidence of recidivism is open to debate.

I can no longer support the idea of civil unions for homsexual "couples." Congratulations, Perez, you convinced me to change my mind on that.

Side question: why is Perez Hilton such a huge snorting asshole? Is it because he's too fat, ugly, and obnoxious to get anyone to butter his muffin?