Monday, November 22, 2010

From the 'No sh*t, Sherlock' files: Gore Admits Politicizing Ethanol

From Fox News comes word that former Veep and inventor of the Internet Al Gore only supported subsidies for ethanol production to pander to farmers:
"It is not a good policy to have these massive subsidies for first-generation ethanol," Reuters quoted Gore saying of the U.S. policy that is about to come up for congressional review. "First-generation ethanol I think was a mistake. The energy conversion ratios are at best very small.

"One of the reasons I made that mistake is that I paid particular attention to the farmers in my home state of Tennessee, and I had a certain fondness for the farmers in the state of Iowa because I was about to run for president."
I am shocked, shocked I tell you that a stand-up straight shooting ecological messiah like Gore would admit to being somewhat less than truthful.

What else might citizen Gore have supported for personal or political gain?