Saturday, April 29, 2006

Cyborg Conversion Phase I - COMPLETE

As some of you know, on Wednesday I had the frail flesh and bone knee with which I was born (and that was destroyed in federal service) replaced with a lovely titanium and plastic model, (featuring an onboard mini-reactor to power the hyper-ass-kicking mode). The 18 metal staples are aesthetically pleasing in a Frankensteinesque sort of way.

Special thanks to Jay at Stop the ACLU, Vinnie at Vince Aut Morire, and Mike at Interested Participant for the spectacular job of keeping The Dread Pundit Bluto active while I was out.

And more thanks to these commenters:

Jan Z. (loved the Whitefeather tribute page, Dutchman)
fluffy
commodore Lowy Knave
JD
Rod Stanton
Oyster
Commodore Clue

And of course, the inimitable Blogfather, Dr. Rusty Shackleford of The Jawa Report. I deeply appreciate everyone's prayers and well-wishes.

Posting will be light during the break-in period.