Thursday, November 15, 2007

How Did I Miss This First Time Around?

James Taranto reminds us all why Keith Olbermann is properly referred to as a mincing metrosexual milquetoast:
Worst Person in the World: 5-Year-Old Suzie!
From a New York magazine profile of MSNBC's Keith Olbermann:

It probably won't come as much of a surprise that when Keith Olbermann was a kid, he got the tar kicked out of him on a regular basis. And not by the football team. "I got beat up by girls all the time," says Olbermann. "They literally posted a sign-up sheet and would take turns. I think that's why I've always been such a fan of Mencken's line, 'Afflict the comfortable and comfort the afflicted.' I've been afflicted."

Olbermann's affliction began at age 5 . . .

It's been said that a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged by reality. Apparently a liberal is someone who's been mugged by little girls.