Friday, September 09, 2005

Freed Hostage Roy Hallums Heading Home, Expresses Gratitude

The American Forces Press Service reports that Roy Hallums, who was abducted last November and rescued by Coalition forces on September 7, is on his way home via military transport. Hallums released a written statement:
"I would like to thank all of those dedicated personnel who have worked on my case that eventually led to my release on Sept. 7, 2005. Their continuous efforts were invaluable to the entire process. I would also like to give credit to my family who never gave up hope that I would be eventually released and return home to them. Their contact with various government agencies and the press helped keep the efforts to rescue me moving forward. I also appreciate those of you in the press who covered my story. Since I just returned I request that I be allowed a period of time to adjust to my new environment before dealing directly with the press. Again, I would like to thank everyone involved in my rescue and I look forward to enjoying my freedom again."